Wednesday, September 25, 2002

Dead excited am I. There seems to be tons of great sounding CDs and concerts due in the next few months. This week alone sees the release of CDs by Low, Ryan Adams, Steve Earle and Schneider TM. Coming up soon, the new release from Godspeed You! Black Emperor, those crazy Canadian anarchist types. Seen them five times now and I got to tell you I think they're marvellous. Those I've taken to see them have been less impressed - why do they play in the dark, repetitive, no words, what's it all about. But, I'm a fervant fan. Guess they wouldn't be too pleased with fan worship or anything so burgeois. Who cares.

On the concert scene, picked up a load of tickets for the upcoming London Jazz Festival. Don't know much about some of the stuff we're going to see, but that's part of the attraction. You've got to try new things.

It looks like we might go to an event in the International Poetry Festival too. Hey, manic!

Sigur Ros, beautiful Icelandic music, beckons next week. But, before that there's an acoustic set by Turin Brakes at the Bush, and laid back alt/country sounds of Hem and Lincoln. I've got my shuffling shoes on!

:: Posted by pete @ 16:37