Thursday, February 27, 2003

WARNING: POLITICS

Nick's blog has provided me with a few good links over the last couple of days.

Why not take the Political Compass test? It takes about 10 minutes or so and plots you on a grid of lefite/righty and libertarian/authoritarian. I guess you've got to take it as a bit of fun, but I found it quite illuminatng. I think I did the same quiz or something like it a couple of years ago. This time round I came out much more libertarian than last.

Score
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Authoritarian/Libertarian -7.95

Meanwhile, on a more serious note, Nick pointed to the Iraq Body Count web site. The site is keeping a runing count of war dead. I've got a body count tally on my blog now. You can get your own one at the site. Nick's link also mentions the Afghan body count. This is not meant to be frivolous. There is an important principle here. My Government is intent on changing the regime of another sovereign nation. To do so will cause significant death and destruction. I find that repulsive. There will be a lasting effect: physical, emotional, political and spiritual. The body count is one reflection of what I see as a misguided adventure.

:: Posted by pete @ 13:43