Thursday, March 27, 2003

BLOODY HELL - NOT IN MY NAME

Walking to the station this morning, I noticed the mobile blood donation truck parked at the end of my street again. I have never given blood. I'm terribly squeamish, I hate having blood tests and can't look when the needle goes in. For a while recently, I had the excuse not to give blood. As someone who had been to the UK for a significant period (i.e. during the BSE/CJD scare), I couldn't give blood in the US, where I was living. Before that, I had a bout of Glandular Fever/Mono-nucleosis. That ruled out giving blood for a year or so.

Now, I'm free from excuses. Guilt has caught up with me. The next time there's an opportunity at work - open up the vein and suck it out.

Visit the starkly named blood.co.uk site.

UPDATE: 4 April. Circle that date!

:: Posted by pete @ 14:06