Monday, May 12, 2003

MIND CONTROL

I've seen quite a few posts on other blogs about Wal*Mart's decision in the US to stop stocking Maxim, FHM and other "blokey" mags because they offend some customers. Freedom of Speech, let markets decide and all that. I've already had a pop at Wal*Mart for other fun-busting - here. Rather than add to the column inches on this, there's a good post at Woodencracker - unfortunately, no permalink- but scroll down to "5/06/2003 at 2:10pm tuesday" for the article.

Wal*Mart, of course, is the chain that stocks guns, hunting knives and crossbows. My US friends may correct me, but I think Target (pronounced Tar-ZHAY) and other cut-throat retailers also sell weapons of mass destruction. Obviously Wal*Mart doesn't want to sell weapons of mass debation ;-)

PS - I don't like these "blokey" mags, but that ain't the point.
PPS - Remember, kids. In the UK, Asda=Wal*Mart.

:: Posted by pete @ 12:49