Tuesday, June 10, 2003

DONUTS VS TERRORISM

"The Doughnut, the less secretive weapon in the fight against international terrorism" - er, well nothing to do with me. It's all about the spanking new headquarters for GCHQ, the listening bank, I mean the UK government's communications headquarters (or "big ears") equivalent to the US NSA (that's National Security Agency, not National Softball Association - unless the latter is a front).

"The Doughnut contains office space equivalent to the size of 17 football pitches."

Did I tell you that I sat the entrance exam for GCHQ? What's even scarier is that I passed. But, when it came to the interview invitation I passed (again). It was the height of the union ban and didn't seem like a nice place to work. Er, can I change my mind now?

:: Posted by pete @ 12:19