Thursday, December 11, 2003

BAH, HUMBUG: MERRY XMAS EVERYBODY

Terreus (I read the site having reverse linked there), hates piped Christmas music. I read recently that Slade's old chesnut "Merry Christmas, Everybody" has been banned at Manchester Airport. And, Noddy Holder is a local resident. So they've got John Lennon Airport in Liverpool (do they pipe in "Happy Xmas, War is Over"), but I guess it won't be Manchester Noddy Holder Airport

I recall raising the issue of piped Christmas (or seasonal holiday music as I think it is correctly termed in the US) with staff at Crate and Barrel. "Doesn't it drive you crazy?" ask I. "It's company policy," came the weary response. "We're only allowed a choice of two tapes."

Chirstmas piped music=cruel and unusual punishment. Discuss.

:: Posted by pete @ 13:58