Wednesday, December 31, 2003

"YE'LL TAK' THE HIGH ROAD"

Driving back from the West Coast (of Scotland, that is), we stopped off at Loch Lomond so I could take a picture of the snow covered Ben Lomond. Pretty, eh?



While finding a good spot to take the above picture, I came across this plaque.



Now, I have to admit that I've always thought about having a memorial plate attached to a bench in Clarence Park, St Alban's* where I used to walk my doggies. But, I found this plaque just a bit too much to bear. There's something a bit cartoonish Scots in "Bonnie, Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond". More than that, ye'll find much prettier and more secluded places in Scotland. Heck, Loch Lomond's only 20 mins from Glasgow on a very busy road.

* - if you click on the link to the leaflet, see where I used to live - next to the Spiritulist Church on Granville Road.

:: Posted by pete @ 22:45