Wednesday, March 17, 2004

4P ON A BOTTLE OF WINE

I couldn't be bothered to watch the Budget speech even though my employer has kindly provided broadband access to BBC News 24, Sky News and the Parliament Channel.

I chose the Guardian's alternative "real-time" Budget coverage. Plenty of coverage of the slash and burn of the Civil Service*:

13.26 "Our prudence is for a purpose!" exclaims Gordon. And all you civil servants should remember that as you begin the long journey home to your families tonight.

But, the big question is whether or not Charles Kennedy was on a bender last night in anticipation of increased duty on beer, wine and spirits. He certainly looks pissed on the front page of his web site and I can report exclusively that I saw him get plastered at Chimes in Pimlico back in 2000.

* - Dear Reader, there'll be more comment from the Donut on whither the Civil Service in due course (as they say around here).

:: Posted by pete @ 13:55