Thursday, October 21, 2004

DRESS UP, KNICKERS DOWN

The number of companies which allow their staff to dress casually in the office on Fridays has trebled in just four years.

Who gives a monkey's? Apparently the London Chamber of Commerce does.

Well, woop-di-do.

Colin Stanbridge, chief executive of London Chamber of Commerce:

"I personally dislike wearing formal dress [ed: I'm sure he looks lovely in a formal dress] and encourage my staff to dress down on Fridays and whenever else possible. People tend to work at their best when they feel most comfortable. And today I think the vast majority of people feel at their most comfortable when wearing casual dress."

I can assure Mr Stanbridge that (a) my company chairman will not put up with such tosh, and (b) turning up in jeans and a t-shirt, or even dockers and a polo shirt, is not going to impress my contacts and clients.

As for the London Chamber of Commerce: get a proper website and none of this frames nonsense, so bloggers can link directly to your silly press notices.

:: Posted by pete @ 13:45