Sunday, January 02, 2005

X IS FOR ECSTACY

Inevitable, I suppose, that XTC marks the spot. Once a fine pop band from Swindon, compared with Ray Davies' Kinks, and tipped for superstardom. The story goes that singer/songwriter/bandleader Andy Partridge suffered terribly from stagefright. His affliction stopped the group from touring in the early eighties and that put paid to aspriations of greatness.

Maybe.

I put a bullet in his sugar head
He thanked me kindly
then he lay down dead
Phoney roses blossomed where he bled
Then all the cheering angels shook my
hand and said

"Wasp Star" (Apple Venus Vol. 2) was hardly the group's best effort.

I'm the man who murdered love
Yeah, what do you think to that?
I'm the man who murdered love
Yeah, what do you think to that?

:: Posted by pete @ 22:07