Thursday, November 10, 2005

GHOSTS AND FLOWERS


There's something pleasing, comforting and very cool about hearing Big Ben strike the hour.

I snored so loud last night that my bedside table vibrated.

Took some very nice photos this evening.

Tomorrow is Remembrance Day. I'm sure I've bored readers to death with stories about my grandfather who signed up in the summer of '14, was gased twice, promoted, court martialed, mentioned in dispatches and survived through five years of brutal combat.

Passed Westminster Abbey where there was commemorative garden and lots of old soldiers.

One potato, two potato.

This man used to be my boss. [sotto voce] Pompous twat...

Speaking of Tony Blair, apparently we're not going to be a police state.

I did one of those quiz things again. Stupid quiz thing.

In latest cheerleader news. This just in...(but likely to have expired by the time you read this)

Top Ten Questions On The Carolina Panthers Cheerleading Application: 10. "You're cool about getting freaky in restrooms, right?"

Say "good night", Dick. "Good night, Dick."

when the phone rang, 3 in the morn, dead middle of night
there was nuthin on the line
i set back the silent receiver / tiny flames lit in my head
hey did any of you freaks here ever remember lenny?
i can't remember his last name
he's turned to dust now, one of the chosen few
left out in the rain, out of town again
left out in the rain, ocean bound i guess

Mind how you go.

:: Posted by pete @ 22:04