Monday, September 08, 2003

ANNIVERSARY PLUS A BIT

Way before the Sun cottoned on to blogging (pinched from the bloke in front of me at the test match and Gert), I am a Donut was launched (or was it lunched) in the blogosphere.

The year has seen highs and lows. Reading through some of my old posts (and losing my original post thanks to the vagaries of Blogger), I'm surprised at the length, breadth and depth of some the posts. Also, I've been a bit daft on occasions. The war brought out the best and the worst of me. There were lots of quizzes. I found fun in the Friday Five. I lost interest in Photo Friday. There was a bit of music and sport too. I enjoyed doing the footy predictions. Increasingly in recent months, the blog focussed on me rather than what was on my mind.

I'm not sure what I expected when I started blogging. I am in awe of the likes of these. The Donut has something to aspire to, or maybe I'll just steal stuff.

The year ahead sees us moving house (bucking the iffy property market) in October/November (fingers crossed), flying out to Australia (via Singapore) in the Spring (funds permitting after house purchase) and learning how to grow fruit and veg.

Blogwise, I aim to make new friends, take less quizzes and to save the world. The Donut will be serious, semi-serious or totally silly, depending on my mood and whether or not on a particular day I am totally fucked off with Blair and Bush.

Thanks for reading.

Meanwhile, Ill just have another margarita.

:: Posted by pete @ 13:37