Sunday, February 26, 2006
Spanning the globe for the sweetest smelling news stories:
San Francisco, a leader in urban recycling, is preparing to enlist its canine population for a first in the United States: converting dog poop into energy.
Plug Fido into the grid.
1. Baby step :: fall over
2. Wasted :: space
3. Reggie :: "Mr October" Jackson
4. Pitiful :: waste of space
5. Acting out ::
6. Tomato :: potato
7. Bad night :: tequila
8. Trip :: LSD
9. Finance charges :: bastard banks
10. Sport :: opiate of the masses
Sunday, February 19, 2006
"HELLO BRAZIL" IN PORTUGUESE
Apparently some old geezers turned up at Copacabana beach in Rio and thrashed around in front of 1.5 million people.
The Donut? Meh. I'll stick to post-rock noodlings:
- Explosions in the Sky: least likely Austin, Texas sounding band you could imagine - Mogwai in a minor key and with shriller guitars;
- Labradford: a cross between the Boards of Canada, 1950s futurism and elevator music; and
- the Battles: the "new" post-rock supergroup sounding similar to the much lamented (around these parts) Don Caballero, math-rockers from Pittsburgh who shook the Black Cat club to its foundations back in about 1999 or so.